We want a candidate who will take ownership of our network and Linux servers, make them reliable, quick, and secure, and allow the business team to forget that they are even a concern. Our network administrator maintains computing environment by identifying network requirements; ensuring connectivity; securing hardware and software; and monitoring network performance. Our network administrator further maintains mission critical Linux servers supporting company's pricing services.
- Monitors and maintains key Linux servers which provide the company's services to our clients
- Maintains network performance by performing network monitoring and analysis, and performance tuning; ensuring uptime of critical systems; troubleshooting network problems; escalating problems to vendor when needed.
- Establishes network specifications by conferring with users; analyzing workflow, access, information, and security requirements; designing router administration, including interface configuration and routing protocols.
- Establishes network by evaluating network performance issues including availability, utilization, throughput and latency; planning and executing the selection, installation, configuration, and testing of equipment; defining network policies and procedures; establishing connections, vpns and firewalls.
- Secures network by developing network access, monitoring, control, and evaluation.
- Composes and maintains documentation of configuration and security measures.
- Supports users by designing and conducting training programs; providing references and solutions.
- Meets financial requirements by submitting information for budgets; monitoring expenses.
- Protects organization's value by keeping information confidential.
- Accomplishes organization goals by accepting ownership for completing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
Knowledge of Linux system administration and SSH, FTP, SMB, and NFS; and network design and implementation and desire to improve the same continuously. Candidate should have enthusiasm for working with users, self-motivation and reliability, and thorough problem solving skills. Knowledge of samba and pfsense, and some knowledge of Windows system administration (especially Exchange) are pluses.
Salary depends on education and experience. Includes health insurance for employee and immediate family. Disability and life insurance for employee. Eligibility for employee stock option plan. Flexible work hours. Support for continuing education.
To apply, please send a copy of your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org