The Software Developer at Digonex will work on our client-facing web application for managing and reporting on pricing programs; on integrations with clients’ ticketing software systems; and on backend processes that automate the flow of data to and from our pricing algorithms. The Software Developer will work as part of a team with other developers, as well as project managers, data analysts, and economists.
- Responsible for developing, testing, implementing, and maintaining Digonex applications.
- Evaluates existing components or systems to determine integration requirements and to ensure final solutions meet client needs.
- Identifies areas for modification in existing programs and develops those modifications.
- Follows approved life cycle methodologies, gathers requirements, and creates design documents.
- Troubleshoots and resolves problems associated with application systems.
- Communicates technology ideas and issues with peers, management, and end users
- Creates technical documentation for reference and reporting
Education, Background, and Skill Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in a software-related field (e.g., Computer Science, Software Engineering, Information Systems) or equivalent work experience
- Java development experience (2-5 years)
Additional Preferred Qualifications:
- Familiar with Spring framework
- Experience consuming RESTful web services
- MySQL/ORM experience
- Familiar with unit testing practices
- Proficient with code versioning/Git
- Ability to work well independently as well as in a team environment
- Familiar with JIRA/Confluence
- Strong problem solving skills and translating requirements into code